By responding to our request with the hashtag #youdoschuh you agree to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms") which are between you and schuh Limited and any member of its group ("schuh"):
1. You certify to schuh that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. You grant to schuh a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use any materials (including without limitation photos, text, graphics, audio, video, location information and comments) in relation to which you have responded #youdoschuh (the "User Generated Content") for promotional, marketing and advertising purposes in any medium now known or later developed and without restriction or limitation.
3. By granting this licence, you agree that schuh may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your User Generated Content in any manner in its sole discretion for the purposes described in paragraph 2 above.
4. You hereby represent and warrant that:
a. you own all rights in and to the User Generated Content;
b. you are legally entitled to post the User Generated Content and grant the rights to schuh as set out above in these Terms; and
c. if the User Generated Content is subject to third party proprietary rights, you have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the User Generated Content you submit and to grant the rights granted to schuh in these Terms, including without limitation permission from all person(s) appearing or referenced in your User Generated Content.
5. You hereby release and discharge schuh from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your User Generated Content and any of the intellectual property rights contained in your User Generated Content in connection with these Terms.
6. You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold schuh and any person acting on schuh's behalf harmless from any liability related in any way to schuh's use of your User Generated Content.
What does this notice cover?
This notice describes how schuh Limited (also referred to as "schuh", "we" or "us") will make use of data as part of #youdoschuh (“you” or “your” in this privacy notice if we have obtained information about you).
This notice also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing that schuh carries out. For more information see your rights below.
How do we use the #youdoschuh personal data, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We only use data to which you have responded #youdoschuh for our marketing and promotional purposes where you have given your consent.
We may also use some of the data we hold on you in relation to #youdoschuh to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- to contact you regarding having your social media content used in a schuh campaign;
- using information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others;
- using data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- using data for market research
- to contact you about competitions or research you participated in.
We may also use personal data associated with #youdoschuh for purposes required by law:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data may also be shared with professional advisers, such as our lawyers.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Transfers outside the EEA
Where information is transferred outside the EEA or the United Kingdom, and where this is to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact details set out above.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in its implementing legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us using the details set out above. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data relating to #youdoschuh the data will be kept for 2 years.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch:
By post: Data Protection Officer, Schuh Limited, Neilson Square, Deans Industrial Estate, Livingston, EH54 8RQ.
By email: email@example.com.